Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting to Dublin

Traveling to Ireland was more intense than I expected. I haven’t done any international traveling, so the adjustment to the time difference was a new experience for me. The flight itself was really good though. They have those individual tvs so I watched Across the Universe, Hairspray, Sex and the City, Everybody Loves Raymond, Biography of Russell Crowe, and this show that was like the Amazing Race around Dublin. That was all I did the whole flight, so it kept me pretty entertained. The only bad thing was that we landed at 4 something in the morning and had to wait until 7:00 for them to pick us up because of the flight coming from Chicago.

The day we got here is kind of a blur. They wanted us to stay up until at least 8:00pm when we got here so we adjust to the time quicker. We all pretty much missed a night's sleep and were very tired all day. They dropped us off at our dorms and we took a bus into the city to the O’Connell House. That’s the house on Merrion Square that Notre Dame owns, where we take two of our classes. The house is really beautiful and in a great location in the city. UCD is about a 15 minute bus ride away from the city centre. We did a quick orientation and walking tour of Dublin that day.

My dorm is a lot nicer than I expected. I live in Belgrove at UCD, so there are three singles with a common kitchen, living room, and bathroom. My room and closet are bigger than the other two in the flat for some reason. The living room and kitchen areas are really big. My two flat-mates are Claire from Minnesota and Colleen from Vermont. I didn’t know either of them before this, but they are both really nice.
(See pictures of Belgrove: http://picasaweb.google.com/Megan.Nolan1/UCD)

No comments: