Thursday, January 17, 2008

The City of Dublin

The city of Dublin is beautiful. The River Liffey runs through the center of the city. I mostly stay to the south of the Liffey; Kevin Whelan said the north side can get a little sketchy. So far Grafton Street is my favorite part of the city. That is where my favorite movie, Once, was filmed. It's a big pedestrian street with all shops and restaurants. They have a beautiful little mall there. There are always people performing on the street, so it’s always a good time. It’s also very close to Merrion Square, where I spend half of my time.

At the bottom of Grafton Street is St. Stephen’s Green, a beautiful park in the city. That’s also featured in the first few minutes of Once for anyone who’s seen it. It’s really a gorgeous part of the city. At the top of Grafton Street is Trinity College, and then O’Connell Street. All the pictures in my albums are from these areas that I just mentioned, so check them out.

No comments: