Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't Get Hit by a Bus!

The main thing we are worried about here is getting hit by buses. I don’t understand why they drive on the wrong side of the road here. If anyone knows why the English people started that please let me know. I love how it's painted on the sidewalk "<-- Look Left" or "Look Right -->" so you don't get killed. The bus drivers would seriously run you over too. Traffic is crazy here and people aren't too concerned about hitting people.

The other day I was riding in a taxi and I was sitting in the front seat. It was so weird to be in the driver's seat without a steering wheel.

"I am so proud of my Irish roots. To show it, when I go back to the States, I will continue to drive on the left side of the road. Dangerous? Yes. Illegal? Highly. But that's just how dedicated I am." -Will Ferrell

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha that's my favourite part about hong kong too! i NEED those signs on the ground to not end up as roadkill. miss you roomie.