Friday, February 22, 2008

May the wind be always at your back

I finally understand the old Irish blessing "May the wind be always at your back..." When it's windy here, it's really windy. I thought nothing could be worse than the South Quad wind tunnel, but I was wrong. The force of the wind is staggering; it can literally blow so hard you can't walk straight. When the wind is at your back, it actually makes your journey shorter. There aren't many windy days here, but they are ridiculous.

On another note, today must have been kilt day in Dublin. I saw about 10 men walking around the city wearing kilts.

I haven't updated much this week because it's been a normal week with classes during the day and pubbing at night. I went to the Porterhouse last Sunday. They brew their own strawberry beer, which is a lot better than it sounds. Yesterday and today I was a bit sick, so I'm trying to rest up this weekend. I think being busy since I got here is finally catching up with me.

Christine and Robbie - I hope you have amazing 21st birthdays this weekend!! Wish I could be there!

No comments: