Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Doing an Irish dance... hey!

The Elders came to Dublin, and I saw them!!! Last Fall, this Irish group called the Elders came to Notre Dame and performed at the DPAC. It was a Friday night before a football game, and I went with Rob, Gary, and Angela. Rob and I bought two of their cds there, and I've been listening to them ever since. I shared them with my parents, who now also love them, and my mom informed me that they were touring in Ireland this month. I looked it up and got tickets to see them at Whelan's. I had heard Whelan's is great (they even mention it in PS I Love You) so I had wanted to go there at some point anyway.

So Kelly and I just got back from the concert, and it was AMAZING! I liked them even more now that I know all of the words to their songs. I took a ton of videos - they're not the best since I was singing/screaming/jumping/trying to hide the fact that I was taking videos at the time. I just uploaded the pictures and videos.

After the show Kelly and I got our pictures taken with our two favorite guys. They were really nice. I told the fiddler I saw him at Notre Dame, and he said that was one of his favorite gigs. I hope they come back next year!

No comments: